Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

.5 hr trying the wire loom and starting work on the GMU-11 mounting bracket.

Starting to the thread in the loom....

Hmmm...  VERY Little room in this area for something that thick to pass through....  Do the wires REALLY go through here??  After all that research I'm going to have to determine whether it's worth using it at all...  Maybe just in sections - but clearly not in this area...  I'll look at again tomorrow - maybe there's another way through here (above the rudder cables?).

Now I know why Peter C installed a backing plate for the GMU-11 mount..  The rivnuts are very loose fitting.  I had forgotten he did that (and no info from the factory on doing that).  The non-magnetic rivnuts they give you crush very easily, so be careful not to overdo it.

I'm hoping with the high-strength 277 Red Threadloc and my green wicking Threadloc that it will hold just fine.  We'll see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment