Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Thursday, November 25, 2021

I installed the latest G3X SW and an oil cooler blocking plate.  I've found (as have many other Rotax users) that in the cold temps the oil stays cooler than desired.  According to some experts on Rotax-Owner.com you really want at least 190F and preferably 200F for the oil temperature.  On a recent flight, I was seeing it get no higher than 140F and sometimes lower.

So, taking some advice from others I fashioned a simple piece of aluminum sheet that wedges into the fiberglass holding the oil cooler.  It covers about 2" of the cooler.  I'll post a pic next time and report the temps I'm seeing.

Updating the SW (it doesn't just update the G3X, but any of the other connected avionics (except the 650, which is separate).  Here it's doing the G5.


I'm definitely a fanboy of Wyze.com and buy nearly any product they come out with (because it's decent quality and cheap!).  I couldn't resist their new color LED strip.  It looks especially cool in the dark.  I can remotely check on the plane (2 video cameras), turn on electric heat, or a floodlight, and now turn on the LED light strip. 😁

I never tire of looking at the plane...


No comments:

Post a Comment