Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, January 1, 2016

2 hrs. getting my wings and fuel tanks inspected by Bob DiMeo my EAA Tech Counselor and doing a couple of misc. things related to the tanks.

I asked him how long the balloon should stay inflated for the tank to be considered good and he said 24 hours.  So, I've re-inflated the balloon for the right tank and we'll see if it stays inflated that long.  I think my temporary seals on the fittings are not perfect, so that's why it hasn't stayed inflated that long.  I've tried to shore them up, so we'll see.

Bob checking out my left wing tank.

He recommended removing this sealant on one of the tank ribs.  Obviously it needs to be a tight fit when I put on the back plate.

Finally put in the vent fittings for the left tank.

A gratuitous selfie with my new selfie stick. :-)

NEXT SESSIONS:
  1. Cleco leading edge back on. I'll also test fit the fuel tank.
  2. Build boxes or stands to lift up the wing higher to enable installation of the pitot.  I'll use these with the fuselage too.
  3. Install pitot.
  4. Finish installing pitot air and electrical lines and connect to pitot.
  5. Fitting and final sealing of left wing fuel tank.  Tank off and test for seal.
  6. Fuel tank on.  Just bolted at this point.
  7. Top skins riveted on (STRINGERS!).  Top skins of left wing need priming.  Fill rivets with Bondo.
  8. Leading edge riveted on (STRINGER!).  Fill rivets with Bondo.
  9. Rivet fuel tank on.  Fill rivets with Bondo.
  10. Wing tip assembly and light installation.
  11. Finish sanding of left wing bottom rivet heads.
  12. Finish right wing (6,7,8,9,10).
  13. Finally finish one of the composite tips of the elevator.
  14. Fill rivets of elevator with Bondo.
  15. START ON FUSELAGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment