Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

1 hr. putting in the tire valve access hole and grommet.

I was told by the factory that they enlarged the nose wheel access hole to be the same as the main wheels to make it easier to access.  So, the hole location and dimensions in the manual are not correct.  The hole needs to be 45mm across.  I decided to eyeball where it should go...

...based on being clear of things on the other side and....

...lining up with the valve.

45mm diameter traced out.  I started with drill bits, then I went to my step drill to get it bigger, but not too close to the line as they don't make smooth holes (and my step drill bit isn't that big anyway).  I wore a mask for the whole process...  Don't Breathe Fiberglass....

I took it to the line with this Dremel sanding/grinding bit.

That works!

Took 5 minutes of witchcraft to get that grommet in.... :-O

No comments:

Post a Comment