Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, August 27, 2018

I was looking through the maintenance manual last night when I noticed that it had a diagram showing the main gear bolts which connect it to the fuselage as having the nuts forward and the bolt heads toward the rear.  Since the construction manual does not have this indicated I installed them how the FAA recommends, head forward and the nuts toward the rear.

I checked in with the factory (Mike) and my installation is fine.  The only reason they show it the other way in the maintenance manual is because of the preference of the workers in the factory in SA.  I didn't have any issue putting it in as the FAA recommends.

Even if all those nuts came off....  Those bolts would not come out...  They are in very tight...

No comments:

Post a Comment