Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Thursday, December 6, 2018

1 hr. working on the lighting.

Well, I got the hole saws...

...clever attachment mechanism which allows you to adjust how much you want the pilot drill bit to protrude.   But....  I tried it and discovered that without something for that pilot bit to drill into, using a hole saw will not work.  What happens is the saw's teeth grab the material at one place and the whole thing jumps pretty strongly.  I mean maybe if I could put some piece of wood in the hole for it to drill into... But, it can't move...  It's just not going to work.  Back to grinding the holes to size...  Ugh...

Many minutes of grinding later, it's close to fitting...

A bunch more minutes and it fits...  I need a better grinding bit...

And the other side is done too.  The rear holes will require a good deal more material to remove, so I may need to think about a better way to do it.  Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Here's something that could work, create a temporary new center guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jurSZR1Se6A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the material is too thin for that method. I came up with an idea for still using the hole saw for my situation. I'll try it today and post the results.

      Delete