Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, December 16, 2018

3 hrs. misc.

Useful doc I found in my SteinAir panel build box.  I'll post this to the electrical and avionics page too.

Stringing new wiring for the sticks I'm using three 3-core Tefzel wiring.  I labeled them 1, 2 and 3 and this is my assignments.

I was going to use a connector at the bottom of the stick to connect the wiring, so I spent probably 2 hours working on that...  But, I wasn't happy with how it was going, so I decided to just directly wire it.  Grip wires are ready to go with the butt splices in place.

Did 3 at a time.  Before sliding the butt splice in place I wrapped the wires around each other using a lineman's splice.

All done!

And wrapped up...

I decided to put the rivnuts in the fuel selector and saw that M3 rivnuts fit perfectly in the fuel selector itself, but M3 screws are really too small.  M3 screw on the right and M4 on the left.  M4 is the better fit.

Looking through the small install manual for the fuel selector I saw this...  Full size template for drilling the holes - how convenient....

Yeah, well, except it's not....  It's smaller than actual size, so I won't be using that...

Time to ream out the holes to M4 rivnut size.

And all the M4 rivnuts are in. 😎

Now that fits very nicely.  I'll drill the holes in the dash tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment