Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Half hour to take measurements for the brake lines.

I'm going to use the included plastic tubing from the reservoir through the brake cylinder assembly, back to the "T".  From there it will be stainless steel lines.

This is the supplied "T".  From the T to the fitting which will go through the fuselage skin is 20".  That has a small bit of margin to account for a slight bend to the fitting.

Then it goes through the fitting to the outside.  I used my handy boroscope, which is stiff, so it works well for this measurement. From the end at the fuselage to the brake fitting is a bit less than 27 3/4".  The gap in the gear leg for the brake line is 1/4".  Not sure the SS brake lines will fit into that gap.

I'm pretty sure the nipple which is on the bottom of this brake needs to moved to the top.  I measured to roughly where the fitting will be.

Close up at this end.  Unless I hear from anybody out there about how I measured, I will order the lines tomorrow from this company.

No comments:

Post a Comment