Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, April 1, 2019

.5 scratching my head...

The engine crate had 4 boxes in it:
  1. A large box containing the oil tank
  2. A very small box containing just a few parts (e.g. regulator and some wiring)
  3. A box containing an alternator and some related parts
  4. A box containing engine oil
The factory tells me the following should be with the engine, but I don't see these:
  • Fuel Pump - It seems I have some tubing in my FF kit, but not the pumps themselves
  • Turbo Control Unit
  • Turbo Servo
I've asked Jean at TAF USA.  Anybody else have a clue?

I'm also looking for the ambient temperature sensor, which the factory tells me should have come with the Garmin avionics...  I don't see that either...

The alternator box

The oil tank

The tubing for the fuel pump... But, no fuel pump.

So, the Rotax comes with the starter solenoid on the right, but I had, from Aircraft Spruce, the one on the left.  I'm guessing the "standard" one on the left is for bigger engines?

The one from Rotax fits in the space on the firewall as described in the build manual.

Anybody know what this is?

Close-up of it.

Did do something "useful" and drilled the mounting holes for the screws in this last carpeted piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment