Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, July 19, 2019

1.5 hrs. on the oil system.

Since I'm waiting for the fuel pump manifold I started to look at the oil system.

This fits, but it doesn't look like what's in the manual or the factory photos...  I can't seem to find any parts that look like the factory photo parts for these fittings.  Hmm...

It says 5/16" ID hose, but I don't think that can be right.  1 - That's smaller than what the Rotax manual says is acceptable and 2 - Size 22 OET clamps would be way too big for 5/16" hose.  I think it's the larger hose I have, but I'll confirm.

The manual spec.  Bigger than 5/16".

Oil thermostat assembly.

The holes need to be enlarged (at least they did for me). 6mm drill bit for these two holes and 6.5mm bit for the 4 side holes.

Tightened it all up...

...assembled....

...But, a bit premature on those rubber mounts....  They need to be a bit loose to screw into the engine holes.

I think these are the necessary fittings.  The manual doesn't say what goes where on this.  But, I'm hoping there's a 4 at Oshkosh and I can take lots of photos with more detail than the factory photos.

My wife made this from our backyard raspberries and some homemade whip cream... Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment