Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

.5 hr... Sometimes I plan for 1 hour, but I get stumped by something, which stops progress and I don't want to start something else..

I got two 1/8" NPT to 1/4" hose fittings from McMaster-Carr (top one).  How do I know if these are OK?  They're made of aluminum.  Is that OK?  I was completely unable to find an exact match of appearance and type to the 5/16" shown below it.  The barbs don't look as sharp - is that OK?...  When it comes to a critical system... I don't like to do it wrong..  My life could depend on it..

On to something else...  The manual says the return hose is 1.5m (59") from the fuel regulator to the fuel selector in the cockpit.  So, I measured out 59" and wrapped tape around it to see if that works.

It definitely seems like enough...

But, I added about 4 more inches... Better a bit too long than too short...

The protective cover on the return nipple of the regulator doesn't just slide off, so I carefully nicked the rubber to peel it off.

I want to figure out where I'm going to position the clamp before sliding on the hose...

I think here is perfect.  I don't think you want to be wider area to the left, so just in front of that covering 2 barbs (and right behind the next barb forward) seems perfect.

Slid the clamp on the hose and then the hose on the nipple....  But, how can I crimp this clamp?  Can't get the tool in there...  The manual doesn't say what kind of clamp to use (I assumed the type of clamp you see since those seem the most secure).  I'll ask the factory if a screw-type clamp is OK.  Time to go read Aviation Consumer Magazine... 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment