Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

1.5 hours contemplating....

Close up of the pitch servo.  The factory says this should be connected on the bottom hole and not the 2nd from the bottom like you see here.  I wonder if the instructions changed because I don't think I would have done this unless the instructions said it.

Test fit of the AN7 bolts that will be used to connect the wings.  Snug, but they fit :-).  I think I'll trim the bottom floor skin back a bit though because it makes it a bit difficult to put most of the bottom bolts in straight.
I was expecting these to be near impossible to put in, but it fits just perfectly.

Contemplating the mounting of the ELT tray.  Those holes in the bottom are 4.8mm sized and there's no way the tails of those huge rivets will fit under the ELT.  Need a different plan...

Here's how huge a 4.8mm rivet tail is...

Now to locate it.  The factory says under the rear seat on the right side, but where exactly...

I need to be able to slide the ELT in and out, so you need to think it through...

I can slide it in from the back if it's positioned toward the front, but....

There are connectors there they you need to be able to plug things into...  So the forward position doesn't work.

Looks like moving it back will work.  I can slide it in and out from the front.

Since the existing holes won't work I will drill 10 new holes along the sides where there's more space under the ELT.  That's for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment