Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

1 hr. on the luggage door lock and starting on the piece behind the center console.

The hole needs some filing for the lock to fit through.

Hmm, the supplied washer won't fit as-is...

Hammered down the spikes on the washer and clipped off one side (note that there's an orientation to the washer, so you can't just clip any random side).

I'll be modifying the latch itself because I'm going to fabricate a new strike plate like other builders have done.  The material is on order, so I'll get back to this in a few days.

This piece will need to be shortened a bit to fit.  I'll want to make sure I shorten it in such as way that the holes line up with the rivnuts in the underlying piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment