Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, July 15, 2018

1 hr. mostly being frustrated...

Received the diodes I'll use for the solenoids.  I also ordered from SteinAir the Bosch/Tyco relay with an embedded diode that was in the diagram I posted the other day.  You can get more specs on it here.  If you read about it on other websites you'll see that this is a "boat" relay, which I assume means it's designed to take some bouncing around without disconnecting.  I noticed on Amazon, which has many generic Bosch-like relays, that there were comments from people who tried to use those copycat relays and had issues with disconnecting when they hit waves.  We would not want to have the same issue in our airplanes....  So, probably not a good idea to use a generic copycat relay....

Another good reason not to install the outer seat rails - access to the holes for the main gear.

And we can see it through here too.  After trying for 20 minutes I realized I wasn't going to be able to thread the bolt into the gear by myself...  Maybe someone else figured out how to do it yourself, but I couldn't.  Tomorrow I'll get spouse help - one person to hold the gear in position and the other to thread the bolt through.  This exercise is to make sure there's enough bevel on the gear crossbeam to avoid the rivnuts that poke down into the channel.

Well, since I couldn't do the gear I figured I'd try greasing the pushrods for the nose wheel...

Loaded the grease gun and pumped...  Only to have it simply squirt out the sides and not at all into the tiny hole I wanted it to go in.  Am I doing it wrong, or do I just have a nozzle that's too big or not the right type?  Searching on Amazon shows a large selection of nozzles and it's not clear which is the right one...

No pictures, but after those two fails I tried a 3rd thing to do: Make the coax connectors for the GPS antennas...  I searched high and low, but I couldn't find my diagonal cutters to do the job properly.  Fail #3.  3 strikes and I'm out...

No comments:

Post a Comment