Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, July 7, 2018

2.5 hrs. mostly on wheels.

Ready to assemble one main wheel.  Valve lined up with the red dot (not the purple unknown dot).

Working the o-ring (As instructed I put dishwashing liquid on it) under the tire.

And it's inflated!

Starting on the other wheel...

Hmm, this hub didn't just come apart after the bolts were removed.  A few hits with the mallet and it reluctantly came apart.

The manual says to partially inflate the tube to do this, but I think it's better not to.  Easier to get in.

Finished that other main wheel, so now let's see if the new Goodyear nose wheel tube is any better...

And the nut caught!! :-)  I still used my thinned shoulder washer and I think that was necessary.

Three inflated tires!!  Now let's get that main gear in place so we can get this baby on to it's wheels.  First I need to figure out the logistics of test fitting the main gear in the channel.  I need to have a gap in the plane's support lined up with the channel so I can easily do multiple fits.  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment