Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, July 8, 2018

2 hrs. misc.

Last night I got to see one of my favorite "bands", Steely Dan (I hesitate to call it a band since, at this point, it's just one guy left from the two that made up the "band").  I consider Donald Fagen a musical genius.

Though it's not mentioned in the manual, I riveted these 4 holes under the cabin heat splitter.

I ordered some heat-resistant silicone gasket material for underneath.

Well, you can see the brush strokes of the fire-resistant paint, but that's OK.  After two coats of that I sprayed on a few coats of the high-heat gray spray paint.  That middle M3 screw is a bit tricky to screw in, but I managed to do it.

Assembled the fuel pump bracket, and that will go here (once I either find M5 screws or order some...).

Looking good.

I consulted with a civil engineer friend and what he suggested is what I'm going to do for the test fitting and bolting in of the landing gear:

  1. Move the fuselage forward so the firewall hangs over the edge (so I can put on the engine mount and nose gear) and I'll also lift it up unto some cushioned 2x10 pieces that will stretch across both in front of and behind the main gear channel.  
  2. Then I'm going to put some 2x4's underneath the table, across where I intend to cut the workbench.
  3. Put some new legs on the sides where those 2x4's are located.
  4. Then I can go ahead and cut out the section between the 2x4's.

Voila, I have easy access to do test fitting of the main gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment