Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

1.5 hrs. fiddling and diddling...

After lots of reading (here's a discussion on an RV board on the subject), watching some videos and consulting with various people I decided I'm going to use LPS #2 for any rod end bearings not exposed to the elements and the Aeroshell #22 grease for any exposed bearings (applied manually to rod end bearings).  If you read the board linked above you'll see several people mention Triflow lubricant, which also looks interesting.. :-b....

Using my Depstech endoscope I tried to see if I'd have any issues with the rivnuts in the gear channel.  Here you can see (this photo with my iPhone) that there are a few rivnuts that are further out into the channel than most of them.

This is a closeup using the endoscope of one of the rivnuts that sticks out further, with the crossbeam mostly up, but definitely not all the way into position.  It definitely looks like pushing the crossbeam up further will impinge on the rivnut.  Hmmm.....

 Got my relay from SteinAir.

Figured I'd make the coax cables for the GPS antennas (video showing how to do it)...  Stripped...

Connector on...

...and right angle connector on that...

In place and ready for the antenna.  Two made.

No comments:

Post a Comment