Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, March 3, 2018

1 hr. tweaking the luggage door and cleaning up the shop a bit.

The luggage door fit was very good, but the upper corners stuck out a bit (because the fuselage curves in both directions...) and that was really bothering me.  I noticed yesterday that when I was trying to bend the corners in, it bent the support channel on the inside of the door.  When I did that I quickly straightened it.
Then this morning, while laying in bed (:-)), it dawned on me that I should take the hint and purposely bend the support bar because that will draw the corners in.
So, this is what I did with my fluting pliers.  And...

Perfect!  Nice!

Also spent time clearing and vacuuming the bench to make way for the panel which will be arriving on Wednesday.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment