Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

1.5 hrs finishing priming and riveting the wing root plates.

I finished up priming the wing root parts, but I also primed this area of the skin.  While the exterior skins will be professionally primed and painted (so I haven't primed the outside of skins), this area will be covered and mated with the wing root plates, so I primed it.  Looks messy brushed on...

...but, once it's dry it's fine (not that it matters).

The seat belt anchor gets attached here on the inside, so don't forget that.

Cleco'ed in place.

Since the seat belt anchor is thick you really can't use standard 4mm rivets for it because they're not long enough.  Those will be reamed out to 4.8mm, so I can use the 15mm long rivets.  Also, I saw other builders ream out the corner hole to accommodate a bolt for extra strength, so I'll do that too.  I've marked those holes, so I don't try to put a 4mm rivet in them.

Lots-o-rivets!  Most of the 4mm rivets are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment