Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, March 18, 2018

3.5 hrs on side skins.

Don't forget the wing root parts (2 of them on each side) must go on before riveting the skins on.

There are a few rivets that are easier to do with the root parts off, like this one.

In place...  Though I realized that these parts were not primed, so it came off again...

I noticed several months ago that the holes in the gussets and spacers that go on the inside of the side skins are 4mm, while the skins are 3.2mm.  So, I reamed the holes out to 4mm.  As a matter of fact I reamed the whole row to 4mm so it looks consistent.

Holding the strips in place while I drilled/reamed.

Left side mostly done.

Bigger view.

Inside view showing all the gussets that have 4mm holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment