Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, March 17, 2018

3.5 hrs. on the center side skins.

Printed out various installation and maintenance manuals.  Time to get organized!

In the binders and ready at hand.

I saw that some people had done this bend at the bottom of the center skins while off the plane, but I managed to get it to bend while on.  There are two bends to do, in the back of the center skin and in front of the spar.

Slowly bending it...  I used a wood block to apply pressure to get it to bend.

The front bend was harder.

This section was tough...  Kept working it though and it finally was bent.

Now that I knew where the bends were I decided to bend the right side skin while off the plane.  Much easier....

On it goes...

Ran out of cleco's before completing the right side.

Inside view.  Tomorrow I start riveting both sides on.

No comments:

Post a Comment