Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, August 12, 2019

1 wasted hour on the fuel selector...

I should have known better from my struggles with the fuel pump clamps, but I tried to put the 15mm Oetiker clamps on the 5/16" hose...  Despite using oil to make it slide, I struggled to get those (specified...) clamps in place.  And this was as far as I could get them (and they damaged the hose in the process).  No way I'm happy with that result....

... So off they come...  You can really see the damage in this pic.

Using the same tool that you use to put them on, I slowly cut them off.  While 15mm clamps will slide on the hose fairly easily, when you expand the hose over the barbs - no way 15mm is an appropriate size.

And they're off.  I'll use the 1-ear 15.6mm Oetiker clamps instead when I recover from my exhaustion...  BTW, here's a good source for Oetiker clamps in the US.  Updated my Suppliers Page with that info.

I asked about the in-line plastic fuel filters on Rotax-Owner.com and got this response from their top commenter.  I ordered the product he mentions and I'll use that to make sure it's secure.  Maybe I'll use it even further as he describes (after more research on my part).  I'm a big fan of preventing flammable liquid leaks....

No comments:

Post a Comment