Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

2 hrs. on the rear headset jacks.

I figured it would be easier to solder jumpers on the jacks on the bench than in the cockpit.  Here's my mass production of the jumpers.

Labeling the jacks so I get the wiring correct.

All my jacks wired up and heat shrink applied.  Notice I marked the wires with 1, 2 or 3 tick marks to distinguish what connects to white, blue/white or orange/white inside the plane.

Much easier to deal with butt splices in the cockpit since you just heat shrink them.  You don't see it in this photo but I had already slipped on a large piece of heat shrink to cover the whole collection of wires.

Slipped it in place and heat shrunk.

I know it goes in the other way, but I'm just checking clearance for my selected location.  I centered the mic hole 70mm up from the edge of the bracket below and 12mm in from the inside edge.  3/8" hole drilled with a step drill.  This location is my approximation from factory photos.

That works.

I centered the headphone hole 25mm above the center of the mic hole and also 12mm in.  Here it's all done.  I'll get the other side done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment