Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

2 hrs. on the interior.

There are rivnuts on the floor right in front of the main spar right where I need Velcro tape...  Do I really need to use those?...

I don't think so.  The piece that fits in there has be jammed in and there are rivnuts on both sides, so I don't think I need to use the floor rivnuts.  Not even sure it's possible with the Velcro that has to go there.

A good percentage of the Velcro attached on the bottom of the floor carpet pieces don't have the matching piece that goes on the floor, so I bought 2 packages of this stuff.  Might end up needing more though.

Two pieces stuck down (right over those rivnuts).

Does that outer wing bolt go in backwards?  It would be hard to go in from the front.

Testing the fit and there was a bit of a bubble in the middle section.  No Velcro there to hold it down...

But, since I have rolls of it, I can add a strip there.

Outer pieces stuck down first by just pulling the protective sheet off and laying it down.  The Bottom Velcro sticks and then you can pull it up.

Stuck my new piece to the bottom of the carpet.

Then did the same thing.

I didn't feel the right side needed it, so I didn't do that on that side.  Looks nice!

Started on the rear floor.  Put a strip along the back to match the piece on the carpet.

The front surely has to go under the inspection cover, so I'll have to drill holes in it to match the rivnuts on the floor there.

Looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment