Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

1.5 hrs reinstalling the left side joystick and cutting the rear seat support.

I decided to replace not only the nuts for the screws which connect the joystick to the main spar, but the screws themselves since I had philips head, but the factory uses hex, which I prefer.  So, being that metric is a bit more difficult to get in the US, I ordered from Bel-Metric and then I realized I didn't need to pay for shipping - they're only 25 minutes from my house!  So, I went over and quickly got my order. :-)

Washers, nuts and M4 x 16 button head screws.

All done!

Since this piece sticks out and overhangs the underlying longeron, it was time to trim it down.  Used a manual saw to cut along the marked line.

And it's done!

I removed the nut from the joystick pivot and the elevator movement is near friction-less.  I put a new nut on (never reuse nyloc nuts!) and it's a bit tighter, but much better than before.  I'll need to figure out how to make sure the nut is tight enough, but the movement is still very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment