Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, January 16, 2017

2 hrs. reinstalling the rear closing brackets and cleaning/priming GUS-007.

Speaking of GUS-007, those parts are part of a bunch of parts for moving the rear seats forward.  But, the big question is, am I going to do that?  Checking my inventory it seems I don't have most of the parts to do that modification.  I wasn't going to do it if I used the 915 because it's heavier.  But, do I really need to do it if I use the 914 or the modified 912?  My avionics suite is going to be chock full of boxes so I will already have a heavier front-end.  I could also make sure to put my ELT as far forward as I can.  Time to write the factory....

I've extensively updated my Task List...

EDIT: Good thing I just looked at the Firewall Forward Manual...  There are things that need to be done before riveting the center fuselage skins on...

This part, CF-ANG -026, is not shown in the manual.  This is where it goes.

Bottom view.  I mentioned the other day that the bottom holes don't line up between the side skin and the firewall and I heard from another builder that they just drilled extra holes to make this connection.

Getting this torque tube to fit well, tightly, but not too tightly, so it still moves easily.... Pain in the ass....

But, I did it and it rotates easily, but has no play.

No comments:

Post a Comment