Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, December 11, 2015

1 hr. putting in the fuel drain in the left tank and starting retest of the right tank.

Don't forget to fill in the survey in the previous post if you haven't already.  I'll post the results next week.

Also, I did a bunch of updates to the Building & Testing Fuel Tanks page.

Don't forget the Loctite 577 on the drain plug threads!

Installed!

Tightened down firm with a wrench.

Filler-up!

Bubbles, but no growing bubbles!  I think it's all sealed!  I'll do a final check tonight by painting the soapy water over everything one last time and watching very closely.

NEXT SESSIONS:
  1. Finish internal sealing of left tank with Class A (less viscous) sealant.
  2. Final soapy water test of right tank.
  3. Right wing down and start on the left wing!!  The tops of the wings will remain open until I get it inspected.

No comments:

Post a Comment