Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, August 5, 2017

1 hr. on magnetometer install and thinking about COM2 install.

The mount for the magnetometer was for the larger, older magnetometer, so new holes must be drilled for the GMU 11.

Front two in place, so I can accurately locate the rear holes.

Rivnuts in.  I left the threadlocker visible in this photo for the rear rivnuts to remind you to always use threadlocker for rivnuts.

Cleaning up around the area made me add a task to clean out the rear fuselage before I put the top skins on.  Pretty grimey!

Put some medium strength (blue) threadlocker on the M3 screws and it's installed.

Contemplating the COM2 install...

Nice to see that BNC is a standard. :-)

It will go here.  I wasn't sure about this location since the coax is pretty stiff and the rudder cables are right above, but I posted this on the Facebook group "Sling Builders" (you are a member, right?) and someone quickly suggested a right-angle BNC connector.  Problem solved!  I'll drill out the holes and temporarily place the backing plate until I'm ready to install the antenna.  Does the backing plate need to be riveted in place to hold it there?  Seems like you can't rivet it because the antenna completely covers the other side.  But, there is a rubber gasket...  Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment