Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

I've been informed by the factory that if you have autopilot servos installed that the Garmin GMU 11 Magnetometer should be installed further back in the rear fuselage, so I'm looking into that (checking whether they have a mount, etc.).  It needs to be level with the fuselage, so it's not a trivial mount to construct.

Also, I read on another builder's blog (thanks JimP!) that the Krylon paints are much better than the Rustoleum, so I've gone ahead and ordered a box.  This is what I ordered.  I'll use that to paint the seats and anything else I think might have some visual exposure in the cockpit (or outside - e.g. front wheel strut).


2 comments:

  1. Do you mean "level" or "longitudinally aligned" ? When plane is in flight it probably is very seldom "level"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's longitudinally aligned. In any case the factory is sending me a new mount for the GMU 11 to put it in the rear fuselage.

      Delete