Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Since I want to get my quote request in relatively soon I've started to put together the complete aircraft equipment list.  It's not done, but here it is so far.  If anybody has any input, please let me know!  Missing things?  Part recommendations?  What indicator lamps are on the panel?  Any useful info would be appreciated!

Once it's done I will post again and copy to my Avionics page for reference.

Panel Displays/Boxes/Components
GDU 460 (G3X Touch (1 10" Display))
GMC 307 (Autopilot Control Panel)
GTN 650 (Certified Navigator/Comm)
G5 (Backup EFIS)
iPad Pro (10.5") on right side <== New size! [Will buy myself]
CO2 Detector (TBD)
Hobbs Meter (TBD) [Needed with EFIS?]

Panel Switches/Handles
Airmaster AC-200S Electric Prop Controller 
Flap Controller (?)
ELT Switch
Ballistic Parachute Pull Handle
TO/GA Button
          Master Alternator (Alt/Off/BU) [VP-X]
          Avionics Master [VP-X]
          EFIS PFD Power     (On (up)/Auto (down)) (Set to "On" to bypass a completely dead VP-X)
          EFIS LRU Power     (On (up)/Auto (down)) (Set to "On" to bypass a completely dead VP-X)
          EFIS Comm Power (On (up)/Auto (down)) (Set to "On" to bypass a completely dead VP-X)
          Starter Boost Pump [VP-X]
          Landing Lt [VP-X]
          Taxi Lt [VP-X]
          Nav Lt [VP-X]
          Strobe Lt [VP-X]
          Cabin Lt [VP-X]
          Pitot Heat [VP-X]

Panel Indicator Lamps
          ??

Panel Jacks
          2 Front Headset Jacks (on panel?)
2-Port USB (TBD)

Panel Labeling (Other than switches)
          N722CM

Behind Panel Boxes
GSU 25 (ADAHRS)
GTX 45R (Transponder/ADS-B In/Out)
GMU 11 (Magnetometer) [Already own and installed in rear fuselage]
GEA 24 EIS (Engine Monitor)
GTR 20 (Remote Comm)
GAD 29 (Navigation Data Adapter). Interfaces GTN 650 to G3X)
GAD 27 [Need this if we're using the VP-X?]
TCW IBBS-12v-3ah Back-up Battery [3 Amp-hour enough or go with 6AH?]

Power Controller
          Vertical Power VP-X Pro [Already own]

Motors, Servos & Sensors
GTP 59 (Outside Air Temp)
GSA 28 Servos (2 - Pitch and Roll) [Already own and installed.  Need harnesses now]
GAP 26 (Heated AOA Probe) [Already own and installed]
Ray Allen T2-7A Electric Elevator Trim Servo [Already own]
Flap Motor

Antennas
COM1 - Rami AV-10 on top of fuselage [Already own]
COM2 - Rami AV17 on bottom of fuselage [Already own]
ADS-B/Transponder - Rami AV-74 on bottom of fuselage [Already own]
GPS (External) Antenna - Garmin GA 35 on top of canopy (?)
GPS (Internal) Antenna
VOR [Already own and installed]

ELT
          Artex ELT 345 [Already own and installed]

Stick Switches
          Push-To-Talk (Trigger finger)
          Autopilot Disconnect
          Pitch Trim (Top of stick) [To VP-X]

Other Switches & Jacks
          2 Rear Headset Jacks (behind rear seats on upright?)

External Lights
          4 AeroLEFS Sunspot 36LX Landing/Taxi lights
          2 Aveo Ultra Aurora Wingtip Pos/Nav/Strobe
          1 Aveo Posistrobe Tail Pos/Nav/Strobe

Engine
          Rotax 915

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget that it's nice to have the placards for passengers (Experimental, etc.) done at the same time as other labeling.... Not essential, of course. Does TAF recommend the panel for the front headsets or another location? If I were building (which, admittedly, I'm not), I'd prefer some less valuable/more out-of-the-way location.

    I'm excited for you as you get closer and closer. (And jealous of your OSH pictures, though I DID enjoy my trip to Germany.)

    Oh, in other news, I finished my PPL yesterday. Thanks for your helpful/supportive comments along the way!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the PPL! That's awesome! Maybe soon you need to take a longer flight up to New England. :-)

      I still need to find out where the headset jacks go. Unfortunately I didn't think to look for those when I was at OSH. Should be easy to find out, and yeah, I'd rather it be in a place that routes the wires away from me and the panel. I'm sure there are plenty of places I can put them.

      Delete
  2. Also, I didn't see a Master switch or a starter (key or button) on this list. Just making sure you're not forgetting the simple stuff!

    I'd love to come up and visit at some point.... I'm looking into flying clubs until building becomes more feasible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I won't forget those! I will add a schematic from Rotax on those circuits for the 915 tomorrow or Sunday on my new Panel page. Also, some other diagrams.

      Come up any time!

      Delete