Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, August 28, 2017

1 hr. over yesterday and today.  Today I thread the wires for the sticks.

I used a 3-wire shielded cable for Push-to-Talk, AP Disconnect & Ground and a 2-wire for Trim-Up and Trim-Down.

I have to check other blogs, but I think this is the correct way to route the wires.  I left about 4 inches of wire sticking out the top.

This seems like a good way to go...  I'll check other blogs...

The wires and tubes are accumulating...

6 comments:

  1. do those wires rub on the bottom of the stick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to wrap the wires in a protective nylon mesh and perhaps I'll wire wrap it in some way to prevent chaffing.

      Delete
  2. Don't the stick controls come with long pony tails? I think mine come with 3ft of wire attached so my connector will be down at the bottom at the stick not at the top. I guess it's pretty easy just to cut the wires short if that's the case with your stick controls... better safe then sorry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha meant pig tails not pony tails... this is what happens when you have 3 daughters :-)

      Delete
    2. Ha! I have 2 daughters, so I understand the pony tails slip!

      Haven't selected the grips yet, so I was just being conservative about the wiring.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete