Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, May 12, 2018

2 hrs. on the empennage control cover.  I decided that instead of waiting for a new one I would simply match drill the blank one I have (I was told by Peter that they were identical).

Tomorrow I'll work on the sub-panel to start constructing brackets for mounting the remote boxes.

Got an angle grinder from Harbor Freight ($19 on sale!) and the cutter recommended by Jim Pavlick for the canopy work.

Ready to match drill...

Cleco'ed as I went along...

All the screw holes drilled and drilling and reaming out the larger holes...

And it's done!

Two rivets needed to be drilled out and reamed out to accommodate M3 rivnuts.

And they're on.  It does look like another rivet will need to be drilled out and replaced with a rivnut though.

Found the list Sika products I'll need.  Jim mentioned an activator so I'll have to look into that.  BTW, the 209 N is no longer produced and is now the 209 D.

Meanwhile the Sikaflex (295 UV) I bought last year (in July) is now expired, so is no longer usable... :-(  I'll wait until I'm ready to put on the canopy before buying...

No comments:

Post a Comment