Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, May 28, 2018

3.5 hrs. finishing the sub-panel.

I decided the rear brackets I was making for the VP-X weren't going to do the trick, so I switched to using spare channel material I had.  Starting to fabricate the brackets.

One done!

Two done and a test fit.  Much better.

Match drilling the front brackets in place.

Will need a bit of trimming here and there to get a better fit...

Front brackets installed.

The bench is perfectly level, so I know the VP-X on the bench is level.  So, with this measurement I can check that the sub-panel is vertical.  This way I can make sure I'm matching drilling the rear brackets to hold the VP-X level.

And they're in!

Like!

On advice of counsel (in this case BobZ) I cut the upper mount holes to be slots.  This way, to remove these boxes I'll only need to loosen the top screws and not have to fully remove them.  Thanks Bob!

And it's done!!

Another view.  When the top front skin is riveted in place this whole structure will be very stiff and strong.

Another view.  All the boxes are screwed in place with M4 screws, lock washers and medium (blue) Loctite.

No comments:

Post a Comment