Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Thursday, May 31, 2018

I want to make sure I know everything that's going on both sides of the firewall (and what's not).

Here are the two firewall-related diagrams from the manual:


On the engine side I know these won't be installed: TCU, Turbo Servo and RDAC (I believe that's an MGL box).  On the cabin side these will be additionally installed: TCU and Turbo Servo.

So, given that, I understand the following are the items on the engine side:

  • Fuel Pump
  • Oil Tank/Bracket
  • Brake Reservoir Bracket
  • Overflow Bottle/Bracket
  • Battery Box (I have my own for my Li battery)
  • Starter Relay
  • Ambient Pressure Sensor (what's this for?)
  • Cabin Heat Splitter Box
  • Missing Anything?

On the cabin side we have:

  • Regulator
  • TCU
  • Turbo Servo
  • Cabin Heat Inside Cover
  • Missing Anything?

Cables, wires, etc. that pass through the firewall:

  • Brake Line
  • Fuel Line
  • Fuel Return Line
  • Throttle Cable (manual shows 2??)
  • Engine Choke Cable (manual shows 2??)
  • Heater Cable
  • Engine Monitor Cable Harness
  • TCU Cable Harness
  • Turbo Servo Harness (?)
  • Electrics Earthing Cable
  • Missing Anything?

I'm not clear on how the Cabin Heat Inside Cover gets attached.  It's not clear in the manual what's riveted and what should get rivnuts.

Any comments on the above??



No comments:

Post a Comment