Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

1 hr. on wheels

Installed the proper split pins.  I had had a minor panic before the moving event when I thought the holes weren't lined up to put the pin through.  Turns out there are two holes in the black part and I had the nut lined up with the wrong one.  Once I tightened it further to line up the other hole, the pin dropped in.  Whew...
Right way to bend this?

In order to have a tight fit (but not impossible) I need to relocate the two holes shown here without screws in them.  I will fill the holes with epoxy with micro-balloons and re-drill when hardened.  Once all the screws are in and tightened then I can locate the bracket rivnuts and drill for those.  When doing that I want to make sure the spat is symmetrically positioned around the wheel and of course not touching the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment