Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

1 hr. getting basically nothing done... :-(

I did get advice that I don't need to replace those firewall bolts.  They were only a bit over-torqued, so no need to replace the bolt.  I'll just replace the nuts and torque them properly.

File this under, "Nothing Takes 5 Minutes" category...  Was going to install the parachute cables to the firewall, which I thought would be 5 minutes (OK, 10)..  Nope.  The first tang I tried had bolt holes that were about 1mm too close together.  So, no way was the tang going on the two bolts.  I tried various methods to spread it and it didn't budge.

I looked at the other tang and it was about 1mm wider, so I tried that and it was a bit better, but it didn't just slide on...  Maybe some rawhide hammer encouragement will work when I try again tomorrow?... Of course, I don't want to damage the threads, so maybe the holes need to be slightly enlarged instead?  To be continued...

I'll still have the issue of the other tang being too narrow though...  As you can imagine these are very thick steel so don't yield easily... :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment