Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, October 13, 2018

3 hrs. on misc.

Time to drill the 1.5mm holes in the bolts for the throttle cable using the bolt drilling jig I bought.

Another view.  Well, I tried drilling for quite a while (20 minutes...), but I think the metric drill bit set I have isn't that great (cheap...), so I bought a better quality set that should work much better.

Meanwhile I finished this small section of brake line.

Also, looked more closely at my dash fitting and it seems that while this side lines up well with the canopy....

...this side sticks out about half an inch.  I believe it should line up with the lip of the canopy so that the windscreen can slot down behind the skin.  But, on this right side, the dash blocks that.  Hmmm...  Just pushing it in doesn't seem good because it warps the interior of the dash and I fear the panel wouldn't fit properly.  I think the only solution is to carefully trim back this side, but I'll check with the factory.


Here's a better view to see how it sticks out.

Looks like lots of trimming will be necessary for the windscreen in any case.

My cheapo laser pointers arrived today, so it was time to set up my laser arsenal to fire across the bow...

Lined up perfectly with two of the rivnuts.

Another view.

Cover back on and it's easy to mark.

Drilled those two out and put in the screws so it wouldn't move while I did the other two.

And they're in!  That was way easier!

Figured I'd put my panel mock-up in the dash to see how it looks.  I like it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment