Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

I need a 50 Amp fuse for the 914's external alternator, but the only fuses on Aircraft Spruce for that use are 60 Amp, which of course won't do.

Is this one OK?  The 914 Installation Manual only indicates that the fuse needs to be slow blowing, but the description of this fuse makes no mention of that.  What have other people used?  Where did you get it?

UPDATE: It seems the factory (and other builders) use a circuit breaker for this (and possibly other uses in the 914).  They're going to let me know a source and I'll post that here when I have it.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think time-delay is probably the same as slow-blow ?
    https://www.platt.com/platt-electric-supply/General-Purpose-Fuses-Class-RK5-Fuses/Eaton-Bussmann-Series/FRN-R-50/product.aspx?zpid=357222

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the factory uses circuit breakers, so I'm getting the info from them on the source.

      Delete