Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

I didn't really do anything, but I was in the garage so I'll record it for the half hour I was in there.  Just contemplating next moves really.

Looking at the tubing for the brake lines I did a quick guesstimate about how much I'll need and it doesn't look like I have enough.  I'll look into buying some more.  It's stiffer than I thought, so routing it through the fuselage to the brakes ought to be fun... :-O

I also heard from TAF SA that the factory did a mod to the end of the line where it connects to the brake caliper to ensure the plastic isn't too close the heat of the brakes.  They fashioned a steel tube for the final few inches.  I don't have that tube, so I'll look into fab'ing it myself.

Here are the drawings sent to me:




4 comments:

  1. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/the-13500?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-thermo-tec&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0dHdBRDEARIsAHjZYYAFKeD76Ehqaa8aCzZcJOmdPsYrkD-_RG3N_lzf07Ewl_DoHHG2HH4aAjv9EALw_wcB

    This wouldn't look as nice as a fabricated piece, but i wonder if some heat reflective tape would do the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm discussing with another builder another option, which would be to use a stainless steel braided line. That probably looks like the best option. I'll post his pics soon.

      Delete
  2. My buddy's RV uses the braided line. I think it's a better choice because it's also a bit easier to remove when necessary. Keep in mind that angles are not really your friend, as the breaker lines need to be tight under high pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I discussed this with another builder yesterday and he convinced me braided stainless steel was the way to go. I'll post his pictures tonight.

    ReplyDelete