Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I got answers from various people regarding my questions over the last few posts (Thanks to JeanD, SimonK, BobZ, MikeB and PeterC!).

It looks like my fitting issue with the dash is not uncommon and not difficult to solve.  As a matter of fact you can see some of what I see with mine in the 10th and 11th photos on the External Fuselage page of the Factory Photo Pages.  You note that the left and right side come down to different spots on each side.  I think this difference is a "don't care" because it will get covered up by the exterior cover strip (I don't know the actual name of the part).

In terms of the width, another builder had this issue and solved it by screwing in a stiff mockup of the panel and also placing the throttle assembly in place to lock in the lower portion of the dash.  With that done they then used a rope (or strap) with hooks on each end to reel in the outer edges of the dash so it can be properly riveted in place and the windscreen put in.  The factory does it similarly as far as I understand: pushing and pulling as necessary to make it fit.  I'll print out a new actual size panel from my X-Panel mockup and glue that to some 1/4" plywood to cut it out and drill the mounting holes.

As expected, the brake lines do have a tee fitting to go off to each brake.  I think the plan will be to route one line down from the throttle assembly, through the center console and channel and then tee-off just before the lines need to branch to the wheels.  I plan to have braided stainless steel lines custom made for me.  I'll post the details of that when I do it.

For the luggage door I will be getting a larger piece of carpeting so I don't need to de-rivet that angle off the door.  Easier.

Jean mentioned to me that the hole the shoulder washer goes through on the throttle arm needs to be countersunk a bit to allow the nut to be tightened down to hold the throttle cable and still be able to rotate.  So, I have to disassemble that again...

I will look into using plastic grommets (I have a wide selection) for the tow bar holes.  I've seen photos of that hole if it's unprotected and it doesn't fair well.

I will post photos and links for all of the above when I get to each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment